Thursday, January 20, 2011

a SIMPLE question

It all started with a harmless question at work- "what's your new year's resolution?" asked the boss....I was a bit taken aback considering I had not made / thought of new year's resolutions from the longest time! so I just said the first thing tht popped into my brains; I said that I'l work on my temper.... which was kinda true..... only I'v been  working on it for years now! [will come to that later some day; not now!] "D

So back coming to what happened later......for some reason [and thank god for that!] this question stuck to me and I started pondering over what I actually wanted to change in my life...and in turn started to ponder over my life in general and what I wanted from it....

Guess what!?!?!?! I thought and thought and THOUGHT. and thought. T.H.O.U.G.H.T......but I could not really come up with anything concrete. I had a LOT of small snippets of what I wanted to do at some point of time in life..... but I had no idea whatsoever as to how or what I wanted that "life" to be!

Looking back; I realize that my life had always been about achieving a lot of random short term goals put together. Its not that I did not have goals; I just had goals whose relevance I cannot be sure of now! My short term goals were not directed towards a larger goal; towards what I ultimately wanted out of my life. No wonder I felt so lost at all those times. No wonder a lot of things never really sense to me. No wonder that sense of achievement felt wrong at times; and no wonder those set backs were forgotten so easily!

Well; it may be a bit late to start now; but thank god; LATE IS BETTER THAN NEVER! "D

I'm taking some time off; I'm going sit and think. I'm going to work towards building a vision for my life!

I'M GOING TO DREAM. DREAM BIG. AND I AM GOING TO INCORPORATE THOSE DREAMS INTO MY VISION! "D

6 comments:

  1. Wow.. This is making me THINK now! I am pretty much the same. No, in fact.. every single thing pertains to me too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are thinking. Generally, when I come up with some question like this... I ward it off, thinking I have a lot of time to think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heyy I'm going through something similar right now. Do tell me where you go with this cos i'm failing miserably. I can't seem to fix my mind on anything. I want different things everyday. So you know...we should talk! Msg me when you are online! :) Great post, got me thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!! so true of u....think think n think a lot....but at same time u need to start act!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should do a follow up post talking about what long-terms goals you've thought of and how you're going to go about achieving it :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. the first time i read it,on Jan 20, i could see you transform into a new you altogether by the way this blog has come out. Loved to see you in your new avatar. Today feels good to know that the same avatar is intact and growing stronger with each passing day.

    P.S. do tell me if any of your goals were realized??

    love you...:*

    ReplyDelete